On the Rise: Yung Armani

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

For years, hip hop has been sectioned off by regions across the nation. From the inception until the early 2000s, most rappers came from New York, Los Angeles, or Atlanta. However, in more recent years, 2006 until the present, hip hop movements are springing up from everywhere.

Among the places where new movements are being born is the state of North Carolina. Surprisingly enough, the latest artist being featured has roots in New York and New Jersey, but he calls North Carolina home. No, not Raleigh or Charlotte, Yung Armani currently lives a few miles from the coast in a town called Chinquapin, NC.

More specifically, Yung Armani is representing Pickett Bay, a popular highway in the community. Having been on the grind since 2007, big things are coming for the man nicknamed Valentine. His debut album will be released next year on All in One Records. He recently sat down with Hip Hop Vibe for an interview.

Read the interview below:

Q. Where did the name Yung Armani come from?
A. Where I'm from you gotta think big and when you can afford an Armani suit you're big. When I rhyme my aim is to be the best, just like an Armani suit, so I put yung on it and the rest is history.

Q. How are things coming for you now?
A. Man, stuff been poppin' off for a while now. I got a good team behind me with Barnhill (Justin Barnhill), D-Bo, and All in One Records and To The Max Ent., they helping me to reach my dreams.

Q. Who has inspired you the most?
A. My nigga Ray aka Fif, he always knew I was good, but he never hyped me up, cause he always knew I could be better. The reason I go in so hard is because I always had him tellin' me to go harder each time.

Q. Is there anything else you're involved in?
A. Of course, first and foremost, I am a business man and I brought all my fam in who keep they stuff movin. I teamed up with Tevan Savage and he hooked plenty of stuff up, now we gotta push Royal Gear the way it need to be pushed. But, in the future, you will see me expanding, feel me? We got some films comin up too.

Q. Can you give us more info about the films?
A. Not right now, just know that they gonna be hot!

Q. Now, the million-dollar question, when is the album coming out?
A. The album won't be here until next year, but the mixtape will be out around Halloween, check that out when it get here, shout out to all my fam, Fif, Brad aka Goof, Keem, all the Bay up in here, Barnhill, To The Max, All in One Records, Sharko, and I can't leave out Hip Hop Vibe!

Total Pageviews