T.I. ordered to Stay in Georgia after Prison Release

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Last year, T.I. put his career on hold because he had to go to prison. Upon getting out, T.I. decided to get his life in order and focus on being a businessman. Despite his promise, T.I. was caught with drugs while he was out of town. An apparent violation of probation, T.I. had to go back to court.

While the Atlanta rapper was cleared of all drug charges, he faced eleven months behind bars. Because he went back on his promise to never let the fans down again, the people were not very sympathetic towards T.I. Facing a tough situation, Tip teamed up with Chris Brown for the emotional "Get Back Up."

Luckily for T.I., the song has become a hit and the state of Arkansas decided to go easy on him. T.I. is on probation, but the rules are strict. He cannot leave the state of Georgia and he cannot be around alcohol or drugs. More specifically, T.I. cannot leave Northern Georgia unless he can prove it is for business.

If he can prove that his trave is for business purposes, T.I. can travel out of the state, but he is not to leave the United States under any circumstances. Not only is he forced to stay in the States and away from drugs, but he has to enter a drug rehabilitation program and has to refrain from carrying firearms, dangerous weapons, or any destructive devices. T.I. will not even be allowed to drive until his eleven months are up, his freedoms are tremendously limited.

Total Pageviews